A Personalised Recruitment Service
The catalyst for Steven Lane starting up Abacus Human Capital in 2009 was to provide a personalised recruitment service built around developing an in-depth understanding of our clients and candidates by listening and never pushing our own agenda. Although we aren’t able to help everyone we talk to, we work hard to provide an honest and transparent service. The ‘Human’ in our name, Abacus Human Capital, highlights that we see everyone as Human and it doesn’t matter if you are a C-Suite Executive or Data Entry Officer, we will provide you with the same level of service. People are the greatest asset in our business and those of our clients.
Over the last 12 years, we have built some incredible relationships with people and thoroughly enjoy staying in touch. Although developing these relationships has taken many years, it is our most powerful weapon to connect the right people at the right time.
During 2020, 82% of candidates we placed into roles we already had pre-established relationships with, which was an increase from 72.92% during 2019. Not only have we stayed in contact with many candidates, but multiple roles we filled were with clients we have known for many years, some for over 10 and even 15 years!
Referrals are a big part of what we do and play a critical role in connecting us with amazing humans in ways that influence lives and build teams! We would love to invite any amazing accounting professionals you know into our Abacus Human Capital network.
When it comes to referrals, there are a few things worth mentioning:
- We don’t need to be chatting with people who are actively advertising they want a new job – We just want to be talking to amazing people who we will enjoy working with.
- If someone you are able to connect us with is currently working directly for a client of ours, we are still happy to chat and provide advice, but we will not be about to support them with new opportunities while they are employed by our client. We believe it is important to recruit in an ethical way that will not compromise our long-standing relationships.
- If you are uncomfortable providing us with someone’s direct contact details, you are always welcome to mention their name and we will endeavour to contact them directly. We are always happy to keep your name confidential.
- Referrals can be either candidates or even hiring managers who may need some free advice or help from us in recruiting.
- Referrals are often a win-win for everyone. Your referral has the potential to profoundly influence someone’s life for years to come. If we reach out to someone who is not open to new opportunities at this time or not looking to hire, that is absolutely fine – it doesn’t cost anyone to have a quick chat.
- Easy $300 referral bonus for month of Feb – For every person you refer us on to who we are able to help (job or candidate), we are able to offer a three-hundred-dollar referral voucher as a huge THANK YOU. Last week we paid out a referral to someone who has now helped us with 4 candidates we have placed into jobs!
Current accounting roles
Some of the roles we are actively recruiting include:
- Financial Accountant (ASX-listed)
- Company Accountant (SME)
- Business Analyst (Non-Profit)
- Bookkeeper (Accounting firm)
- Senior Accountant (Accounting firm)
Examples of roles we have recruited over the last three weeks includes:
- Payroll Process Improvement Analyst (ASX-listed)
- Financial Accountant (Manufacturing)
- Accounts Payable Officer (Professional services)
- Senior Financial Accountant (Non-profit)
- Senior Accountants (Accounting firms) – Multiple
- Intermediate Accountants (Accounting firms) – Multiple
- Bookkeepers (Accounting firms) – Multiple
- Senior Auditors (Accounting firms) – Multiple
- Audit Manager (Accounting firm)
If you have anyone you feel it would be worthwhile for us to chat to, please contact our offices on 07 3135 9780 or contact us online here and we will be happy to follow up.