In May 2022 we surveyed our database of 30,000+ accounting and finance professionals to learn about their situation, their key drivers and what they want in a new role.
The market is moving
- 89% of Accounting and Finance professionals in Brisbane are thinking of making a move or actively making a move.
- At least half are open to new opportunities
- Only 10% said they were happy in their current role
The office culture is still strong
- Half of the people we surveyed on our database said they were working everyday in the office.
- Less than a quarter said they were fully remote
- A quarter were working under a hybrid model (between 1-4 days onsite in the office environment)
Hybrid is now king
- When we asked people how many days they preferred to be in the office, the majority said between 1-4 days under a hybrid model.
- 23% said they wanted to be onsite everyday (compared to 53% that said they were currently working under this arrangement).
- 14.5% also said they wanted a fully remote role (again less than the 21% who said this was their current arrangement).
- There’s a clear disconnect between work type preference and reality. Given we know only 1 in 10 Accounting and Finance professionals surveyed are happy to not entertain new roles, this represents a significant risk to organisations for retaining talent.
Most salaries have not increased
- Most salaries have not increased in the past 12 months.
- A third of survey respondents said they haven’t had a salary increase in at least 18 months.
- This represents a challenge to employers trying to retain talent in their business when salary is the primary motivator for the candidate seeking out a new role.
Salary increases are modest
- When salaries have increased, those increases were modest (between1-5%). NB: These results came from survey respondents already in roles and does not include data from those looking for a new job where salary increases are much higher.
- It was rare to get data from survey respondents suggesting salaries were increasing north of 10%.
Career development is on offer
- Two thirds of Accounting and Finance professionals surveyed said they were receiving some form of career development.
- One way organisations can stay competitive and retain their best talent is by offering career development opportunities. Often salary is linked to years of experience, skill set and exposure to key systems so candidates must recognise the value of career development on their long term salary prospects.
You deserve the job
Don’t miss out on your dream job because you weren’t subscribed to our Job Alerts system.
- Stay ahead of candidates applying on Seek or LinkedIn by getting into the recruitment process as quickly as possible.
- Get an alert as soon as new job is posted on our website for a specific accounting and finance role.
- Subscribe to any number and type of job alerts for roles ranging from AP, AR and Payroll, Financial Accounting, Tax Accounting all the way up to more senior roles.
Why should you partner with Abacus Human Capital?
- Leverage a network of over 30,000+ Accounting and Finance professionals in Brisbane
- Benefit from in-depth knowledge about how the Brisbane recruitment market works within the Accounting and Finance niche
- Industry leading technology helps connect the right candidate with the right hiring manager to maximise the chances of a good long term fit.
Whether looking for a reliable business partner, a responsible tutor for your child, the love of your life, or your next amazing hire, you can’t escape the age-old question: How do I find the one? Chances are, if you’re a leader, you’ve probably made a bad hire at some point in your leadership career that has
Recruitment can come with a lot of assumptions; what it is, who does it, how it can benefit people and whether it’s worthwhile or not. Certainly, not many people are upset when they receive a call from a recruiter letting them know their specific skillset and experience could be a great fit for an amazing new
Have you found yourself daydreaming recently about working in a new job or role or if the company you’re in is the one you want/need to be in? If so, you’re in the right place. If you’ve never asked any of these questions, you’re also in the right place because now is a great time to start.
In our experience working with accountants and finance professionals, we have found that the industry is known for working long hours with accountants often being the first to arrive and the last to leave. I have met with several candidates over the last week who are looking for new job opportunities and one theme that has
This month, we’re talking about outsourcing in Public Practice. This is a widely utilised practice in the commercial sector but more and more, we’re seeing a move towards the outsourcing of transactional divisions in Public Practice. Joeri, one of our recruitment consultants, has been investigating the viability of this trend and shares his thoughts below in
There have been profound changes to the recruitment industry over the last decade and I for one personally believe most of these changes have been exceedingly positive, making our jobs as recruiters easier, allowing us to move faster and spend more valuable time conversing with our customers. Some of the positive changes we have seen encapsulate: