In May 2022 we surveyed our database of 30,000+ accounting and finance professionals to learn about their situation, their key drivers and what they want in a new role.
The market is moving
- 89% of Accounting and Finance professionals in Brisbane are thinking of making a move or actively making a move.
- At least half are open to new opportunities
- Only 10% said they were happy in their current role
The office culture is still strong
- Half of the people we surveyed on our database said they were working everyday in the office.
- Less than a quarter said they were fully remote
- A quarter were working under a hybrid model (between 1-4 days onsite in the office environment)
Hybrid is now king
- When we asked people how many days they preferred to be in the office, the majority said between 1-4 days under a hybrid model.
- 23% said they wanted to be onsite everyday (compared to 53% that said they were currently working under this arrangement).
- 14.5% also said they wanted a fully remote role (again less than the 21% who said this was their current arrangement).
- There’s a clear disconnect between work type preference and reality. Given we know only 1 in 10 Accounting and Finance professionals surveyed are happy to not entertain new roles, this represents a significant risk to organisations for retaining talent.
Most salaries have not increased
- Most salaries have not increased in the past 12 months.
- A third of survey respondents said they haven’t had a salary increase in at least 18 months.
- This represents a challenge to employers trying to retain talent in their business when salary is the primary motivator for the candidate seeking out a new role.
Salary increases are modest
- When salaries have increased, those increases were modest (between1-5%). NB: These results came from survey respondents already in roles and does not include data from those looking for a new job where salary increases are much higher.
- It was rare to get data from survey respondents suggesting salaries were increasing north of 10%.
Career development is on offer
- Two thirds of Accounting and Finance professionals surveyed said they were receiving some form of career development.
- One way organisations can stay competitive and retain their best talent is by offering career development opportunities. Often salary is linked to years of experience, skill set and exposure to key systems so candidates must recognise the value of career development on their long term salary prospects.
You deserve the job
Don’t miss out on your dream job because you weren’t subscribed to our Job Alerts system.
- Stay ahead of candidates applying on Seek or LinkedIn by getting into the recruitment process as quickly as possible.
- Get an alert as soon as new job is posted on our website for a specific accounting and finance role.
- Subscribe to any number and type of job alerts for roles ranging from AP, AR and Payroll, Financial Accounting, Tax Accounting all the way up to more senior roles.
Why should you partner with Abacus Human Capital?
- Leverage a network of over 30,000+ Accounting and Finance professionals in Brisbane
- Benefit from in-depth knowledge about how the Brisbane recruitment market works within the Accounting and Finance niche
- Industry leading technology helps connect the right candidate with the right hiring manager to maximise the chances of a good long term fit.
The effects of COVID-19 on where we work Working from home or rather the option to work from home has never been more of a reality than it is today. With no choice but to move immediately away from the office to our own homes, it has also highlighted that the daily work activities, tasks and
From speaking with our candidates, we know that looking for a job is often overwhelming. In fact, according to Seek, almost 70% of active job seekers agreed with the statement ‘looking for a job is overwhelming’. Consequently, if you are ready for a new job but find yourself consistently procrastinating and not doing anything about it, you are not alone!
A Personalised Recruitment Service The catalyst for Steven Lane starting up Abacus Human Capital in 2009 was to provide a personalised recruitment service built around developing an in-depth understanding of our clients and candidates by listening and never pushing our own agenda. Although we aren’t able to help everyone we talk to, we work hard to provide an honest and transparent service. The ‘Human’ in our name, Abacus Human Capital, highlights that we see everyone as Human and it doesn’t matter
We have been very privileged to work with AH Jackson and Co for more than 10 years. We first engaged AH Jackson and Co for tax planning and advisory support. As we got to know each other, we were also privileged to support them with recruitment for key roles in their business. The reason they have
Take a deep breath in. And out. It’s been a big year. 2020 has thrown some of the biggest curveballs to every aspect of our lives and as the year is nearing a close, some elements have returned to ‘normal’ while others remain uncertain and challenging. Now we look to Christmas in the coming weeks… so how are you feeling? We don’t know what 2021
Accounting and finance teams are crucial to any business, but they are only as effective as the individual employees filling those roles. So the good news is, you’re already a part of a highly valuable department to your employer. The key question: Are you taking the steps to make yourself an indispensable part of the team? President of Talent Zoo, Amy Hoover says, “As they say, everyone can be replaced. But to be